Men, women, children, and adolescents – we all struggle at times. Those times are often when we feel most alone.
Life is incredibly complex. Addiction, infidelity, break-ups, intimacy issues, economic pressures; we live in a time when our coping mechanisms need consistent tune-ups. We need the power of specific skills and strategies to remain strong and be happy.
Phone sessions, Skype and/or FaceTime is a great alternative if you are unable to come in to the office. This approach can be very helpful if you transfer/move, when travel is necessary, or if you live in another corner of the world. Couples therapy or pre-marital counseling can be possible if one or more of you is out of state or out of the country.
- Identify goals and potential solutions to problems that cause turmoil
- Improve communication and coping skills
- Strengthen self-esteem, boost personal power
- Promote behavioral change
1. I recommend that you first make a list of the things that are bothering you for which you would like some support.
2. I think it’s very helpful to bring this list when first we meet and on any subsequent appointments as you may be making changes to it as our sessions continue.
3. I believe the most positive approach toward any purpose is to establish short- and long-term goals.
4. From here we will being to work together on accomplishing them with strategies that are effective in the real world.
5. There is no success without effort so we will likely talk about exercises for you to work on outside of our sessions.
6. We with then be able to assess how much time we’ll need to achieve your objectives.
Attention Deficit (ADHD)
Children or Adolescents
Anxiety or Fears
Impulse Control Disorders
Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)